Pollygrafx has been offering professional website development since 2008. Being a small web design and development business, we’ve relied solely on word of mouth advertising and have built large and small websites for libraries, wealth management firms, schools, non-profit organizations, clubs and more.
We've followed the example set by millions of main-stream websites which are developed using popular CMS offerings such as Joomla!, Wordpress and Drupal. Pollygrafx chose the content management system path in 2008 by choosing to leverage the power of the Joomla CMS, and using that knowledge to also embrace WordPress - providing an extremely stable environment where clients may add content on their own without having to own expensive software. Now our clients have a choice and we can better serve their needs by providing knowledge and support for both systems.
The advantages of using a good CMS such as any of the big three mentioned above are too numerous to count, but we can give it a go with a few highlights:
- Open Source - Joomla and WordPress are free, open source platforms.
- Usability- Joomla and WordPress can be used to build any kind of website, from large corporate websites, magazine websites and ecommerce, to small or even large blogging websites.
- User Friendly - It's very easy to train a client who has no knowledge of HTML, how to add basic content to their website.
- Responsive - Joomla 3.3+ supports responsive website development which fully supports mobile website design.
- SEO - Joomla makes it easy to control your Title tags, Header tags, Meta tags and Description tags - this helps with search engine optimization and together, with good content, will help get your website on that all-important first page of search results.
Of course, there are many more features, but these are just a few on the top of the list. If your company is in need of an updated website that will run smooth across devices and platforms, please contact Pollygrafx today for a free website quote.